ACTIVITIES NEAR SAND FOREST
The region has a vast diversity of natural and cultural resources that are all within easy access of the Lodge.
Visualise an open vehicle game drive among the Big Five in the oldest Park in Africa, walk the fossil lined shores, canoe or horse ride through the open water systems and coastal sand forest of a world heritage site.
Revel in the cultural history and crafts of this Zulu Kingdom.
Half Day Tours
HLUHLUWE GAME AND CRUISE SAFARI
Departs: Daily on request at 05h00 Summer and 06h00 Winter
Have the added bonus of game viewing from an open vehicle and a boat on the Hluhluwe River
- Early morning open vehicle game drive.
- Boat cruise in good game area with hippos and crocodiles.
- Chances of seeing various animals coming to drink.
- After boat cruise short game drive on leaving the park.
ST LUCIA WHALE WATCHING (NEW)
Departs: Daily on request at 05h30 (Operates June to November only)
An exciting ocean boat ride with close up viewing of Humpback whales on their way to the warmer water breeding grounds.
- Exciting surf launch and 2 hour boat ride.
- Get close to Humpback whales on migration.
- Later in the season possibility of seeing calves with their mothers.
ST LUCIA TURTLE TOURS (NEW)
Departs: Daily on request between 15h30 and 17h30 (depending on low tide) (Operates November to March only)
An evening spent in search of turtles returning to their birth-place to lay eggs for the survival of their species in generations to come.
- Drive through Eastern shores game reserve to Cape Vidal.
- Drive onto beach looking for leatherback and loggerhead turtles.
- Possibility of a beach walk to look for turtles.
- Snacks and refreshments served on tour.
- Night drive back through Eastern Shores Game Reserve on return.
LUBOMBO PANORAMA TOUR (NEW)
Departs: Daily on request at 08h00
Enjoy a tour on the Lubombo Mountains with its magnificent views of Zululand and surrounding areas, also finding out more about the people who inhabit this area.
- Scenic tour on Lubombo mountain range.
- Southern region overlooking Mkhuze Game Reserve and Sodwana Coastal Dunes.
- Drive around and learn about Mkuze’s famous ghost Mountain.
- Northern section overlooking Pongola Game Reserve and Pongolapoort dam.
- Learn more about the culture of the local people.
VULAZULU CULTURAL SHOW (NEW)
Departs: Daily on request at 17h00
A tour that transports you back in time to witness some of the old ways of the Zulu people and their impressive dances.
- Tour of homestead built to old traditions.
- Learn about old traditional ways of Zulu people.
- Excellent traditional dances performed by +/- 50 dancers.
- Enjoy dinner after show.