SAND FOREST LODGE ACCOMMODATION
Accommodation comprises a number of comfortable one and two bedroomed cottages, tastefully decorated in Afro-colonial style. The en-suite bedrooms are equipped with air-conditioning, mosquito nets, ceiling fans and are serviced daily.
In addition, each cottage has a kitchenette with a fridge and private verandah with braai facilities.
Accommodation at Sand Forest
Kingfisher (Sleeps 4)
Family units with 2 bedrooms – 1 x Double bed and 2 single beds, shower room, kitchen, lounge, private patio and barbeque facility.
Woodpecker / Weaver (Sleeps 4)
These chalets comprise of 2 family units, each with 2 bedrooms – 1 x Double bed and 2 single beds, an en-suite shower room, second bathroom, full kitchen, open plan lounge,
private patio and barbeque facility.
Sunbird / Guineafowl / Hoopoe / Hornbill / Fisheagle / Falcon
There are 7 double chalets, which have either 2 single beds or 1 double bed with shower room’s en-suite, mini kitchen, private patio and barbeque facility.
Chalets are fully equipped and serviced daily; all you need to bring is your food, drinks, drinking water, swimming towels and toiletries.
We have mosquito nets, overhead fans and air-conditioning in all rooms, we suggest that you bring peaceful sleep or tabard (insect repellent) for comfort.
We have 2 rustic, wooden bungalows that have double beds, overhead fans, mosquito nets, mini kitchens, private deck and barbeque facility.
The rustic bungalows DO NOT have air-con or en-suite shower/toilet facilities and share ablutions with the campsite.
There are 4 camp/caravan sites situated on the edge of the forest, each have electrical points and private barbeques. Ablutions are shared with the bungalows. Private patio and barbeque facility.
Sand Forest Lodge Rules- Without Prejudice
- Right of admission reserved
- Water should be conserved at all times
- Swimming pool is closed until further notice, due to the drought
- No littering
- No removal of fauna & flora permitted
- No persons other than those quoted for, are permitted to share the accommodation
- Day visitors are to advise the office of their presence and will be charged at R50 per person
- Check in is strictly between 14h00 & 18h00. Gate closes at 18h00. There after you will be given a remote for camp access
- Departure is strictly by 10h00
- All outstanding accounts must be settled in full on arrival
- Children MUST be supervised at all times
- Any breakages should be reported to the office and will be charged for
- Noise levels are to be kept to a minimum at ALL times
- No television allowed
- No loud music permitted
- No pets allowed as we have game on the property
- Air-conditioners should only be used when you are in your cottage – please ensure that the windows and doors are closed
- When exiting your cottage the appliances must be turned off
- Self-catering only
- No washing of cars permitted
- No washing of laundry in the rooms
- We DO NOT lend irons/ironing boards
- Vehicles are to ride on delegated roads only
- If for any reason you need to book out earlier than your reserved dates – there will be no refund
- Should you have a problem whilst staying at the lodge please contact Management immediately so that your dilemma can be rectified